While working in the store, just keep an eye on the register and help customers as needed.
When you arrive, check "non-United Deliveries" section of the store page, so you know what might be delivered.
| Cleaning || Organizing |
- Clean sink & sink area
- Clean tongs/scoops, and tong/scoop holsters
- Sweep outside of door (that dirt will just come inside eventually) & inside
- Vacuum and clean behind & between bulk bins (lift out one or two scoop bins at a time)
- dust tops of packaged items on shelves
- Clean bottom of juice/dairy refrigerator
- Clean random stuff, anything! Keyboard, register scale, spice scoops & cups, produce cooler shelves...
- Wash windows
- Recycle old produce labels, remove old labels from cooler, etc.
- Arrange produce
- Bring it to the front of baskets
- Cut down box edges to make it more visible
- Arrange products in juice/dairy fridge
- Label overstock (makes it easier to see if we have overstock, useful for shifts as well as ordering staff)
- Organize overstock on shelves above according to sections (nuts, rice, etc.)
- Face products on shelves, in freezer and refrigerator.
- Organize bathroom; put away stuff that has been washed and is now dry
- Organize shelves underneath register
- Sort donated plastic bags. Toss dirty or torn ones, put extras in bathroom.
| Doing || Everything Else |
- Fill bins & bulk liquid dispensers
- Rotate shelf items- make sure oldest stock is in front (so it doesn't expire)
- Tend to produce-
- spray greens, compost wilted leaves, arrange nicely
- Reduce prices as needed:
- put items on sale when new deliveries of the same type come in (new kale should always cost more than old)
- move from "20% off" to 1/2 price as needed.
- Compost unsellable produce & record as waste
- Change tofu water
- Refill plastic bag holders & tub dispensers
- Bundle cardboard, bag recycling
Check the todo list, or add something to it!
Topic revision: r6 - 22 Aug 2011 - 12:25:31 - ElissaJiji
Store.ThingsToDoOnYourShift moved from Store.ThingsYouCanDo on 25 Dec 2009 - 05:26 by LippeLippe
- put it back